Every day 230,000 workers are off work with manual handling injuries. Not only is this a major source of pain and discomfort to the individual it is also a significant financial cost to their employers.
To provide delegates with the practical knowledge and skills to carry out safe manual handling using correct lifting techniques and mechanical aids. Also, so that delegates can understand their duties under current manual handling legislation.
Structure & Content: 3 hours
- Overview of current legislation
- Duties of the employer & employee
- Types of accidents and injuries
- Understanding the spine (anatomy)
- Work related upper – limb disorders
- Principles of ergonomics in the workplace
- An outline of the principles of manual handling risk assessment
- Correct lifting techniques and the use of mechanical aids
This course will include practical demonstration of correct lifting techniques.
On completion of this course a Phoenix Safety certificate will be awarded to successful delegates.
This course is a short course aimed at increasing delegate’s awareness and reducing injuries and time lost from work.