Managers, team leaders, supervisors,safety advisors and anyone else with a health & safety responsibility.
To provide delegates with a clear understanding of the risks associated with vibration and techniques for carrying out assessments of potentially hazardous operations.
Structure & Content
- Symptoms of hand-arm vibration
- Legislation & Standards
- Hand-arm vibration management program
- Principles of risk assessment
- Measurement techniques
- Types of instruments
- Frequency analysis
- Demonstration of measurement & common errors
- PPE and its deficiencies
- Ergonomics & vibration control
- Health Surveillance
- Buy smooth’ policy – low vibration tools
This course will conclude with a two-part assessment exercise.
Each delegate will demonstrate the correct use of the instrument for measuring vibration and the correct technique for recording and calculating exposure time.
Consists of a 30 minute written test to demonstrate retention of knowledge. On completion of this course a Phoenix Safety certificate of Competence will be awarded to successful delegates.