Every year in the UK around 200 people die in accidents. Whilst this is a very significant number it is dwarfed by the estimated number of people who die prematurely or are injured by exposure to chemicals and substances at work.
To provide delegates with an awareness of the dangers of chemicals and substances in the workplace; an awareness of the legislation controlling exposure; and some practical steps to minimise our own risk and the risk to others.
Structure & Content: 3 hours
- Overview of the COSHH and associated Regulations
- An understanding of EH40 and Occupational Exposure Limits
- Elementary physiology, modes of entry into the body
- Acute & Chronic effects on the body
- An awareness of the COSHH assessment process
- The role of Manufactures Safety Data Sheets
- The hierarchy of control measures
- Monitoring and health surveillance
On completion of this course a Phoenix Safety certificate will be awarded to successful delegates.
Occupational health issues are often a silent killer. If we do not take responsibility to prevent or minimise exposure it may be us in 20 or 30 years!