Every year in the UK up to 12,000 people die and many thousands are severely incapacitated through exposure to chemicals and substances at work. Not only does this cause unnecessary pain and suffering but has your organisation considered the legal and financial implications?
To provide delegates with an understanding of the dangers of chemicals and substances in the workplace; an understanding of the legislation controlling exposure; and the practical skills and knowledge to undertake a systematic evaluation of the risks associated with the use of chemical and substances in the workplace and the measures necessary to eliminate or control these risks.
Structure & Content: 1 day
- Understanding of the COSHH and associated Regulations
- An understanding of EH40 and Occupational Exposure Limits
- Elementary physiology, modes of entry into the body
- Acute & Chronic effects on the body
- A detailed understanding of the COSHH assessment process
- The role of Manufactures Safety Data Sheets
- The hierarchy of control measures
- Monitoring and health surveillance
On completion of this course a Phoenix Safety certificate will be awarded to successful delegates.
In this we provide your employees with the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully complete an effective COSHH Assessment. We can incorporate your own company COSHH Assessment Procedures or we can provide your delegates with standard approach to COSHH Assessment which they can bring back to be used in your workplace.