Those people who already hold a current First Aid at Work certificate, who wish to continue practising as a qualified first aider in the workplace.
To update delegates practical knowledge and skills to carry out and administer first aid in the workplace.
Structure & Content
- Principles of First Aid
- Communication & Delegation
- Respiration & Asphyxia
- Burns & Scalds
- Personal hygiene
- Hepatitis B
- Wounds & bleeding
- Recognition & treatment of bleeding
- Eye injuries
- Eye irrigation
- Record keeping & accident reporting
- First aid kits & content
- First aid supplies/purchasing
- Causes & treatment of unconsciousness
- Recognition of illness
- Minor injuries & their treatment
This course will conclude with a practical and oral exam. On completion of this course a first aid at work certificate will be awarded to successful delegates.