Fire Risk Assessment Workshop
This course is for those people who have been designated by the employer to carry out fire risk assessments within the company.
To provide delegates with the practical knowledge and skills to carry out fire risk assessments and prepare fire safety procedures to prevent the risk of fire occurring in the workplace.
Structure & Content: 1 day
- Principles of Fire Safety legislation
- Why do we need to assess the risk from fire?
- Fire theory & terminology
- Principles of fire risk assessment
- Means of escape: travel distances: emergency routes and exits
- Maintaining availability of means of escape; lighting, sighing and common obstruction
- Means of raising the alarm
- Means of fighting the fire
- Syndicate exercise
On completion of this course a certificate of attendance will be awarded to successful delegates.
A change to legislation in 2006 has required the Fire Authority to cease to provide a Fire Certificate.
It is now a requirement that fire safety is the responsibility of the site occupier and will be based upon fire risk assessment.