CITB Construction Skills Site Safety Plus
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course is aimed at personnel who are required to manage personnel who work on construction sites, where a number of potentially high-risk activities are carried out
This course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for the organisation and running of a construction site
Structure and Content: 5 days
The course covers the following areas:
- Health & Safety at Work ACT
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work regulations
- Work at Height, Noise, Confined Spaces, Scaffolding, Lifting Operations, Plant and Equipment, COSHH, Electricity, Fire Safety, PPE, Manual Handling, Vibration, Waste Management, First aid, Asbestos.
- Risk assessment and Method statements
- Monitoring Health & Safety
- Accident Reporting & Investigation
- Health & Safety communications
Delegates are required to reach a minimum standard in the following areas before a CITB SMSTS certificate is issued.
- Full attendance of all sessions
- Completion of assignments/projects during course
- Objective multi-choice test
The certificate is valid for 5 years after which a refresher course must be taken.