Gas Freeing Confined Spaces Course
Designed for: Managers, team leaders, supervisors, safety advisors and anyone else with a responsibility for gas freeing confined spaces as part of Permit to work or safety procedure.
To provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to understand their duties & responsibilities under the Confined Space Regulations 1998 and the correct methods adopted for gas checking/freeing a confined space.
Structure & Content
- Overview of current legislation
- Duties of the employer & employee
- Atmospheric hazards
- Use of Gas detection equipment
- Use of Rescue harness & lifting equipment
- Health & Hygiene
- Selection & use of PPE
- Safe system of work/Permit to work
- Emergency communications/procedures
- Practical exercise/assessment
This course will conclude with a practical exercise, using standard gas check methods, also a written test will be undertaken by all delegates. Certificate On completion of this course a Phoenix Safety certificate of competence will be awarded to successful delegates.