A course for all personnel who are required to enter and traverse a confined space. It provides delegates with the training which, when added to their experience, underpins the requirement of competence.
Overview 2 Day Entry Into Confined Spaces Training Course
This is a practicable based course that provides delegates with the practical knowledge and skills to carry out safe entry into a confined space and to deal with reasonably foreseeable risks. The course is for confined space work in which the entrant has entered a space which has been deemed safe for entry without breathing apparatus but due to the configuration they may not be attached via a winch or lifeline to the stand-by person and escape breathing apparatus may be required to aid evacuation.
Structure & Content: 2 Days
- Overview of current legislation
- Definition of a confined space
- Why accidents occur
- Hazard identification
- Safe system of work / permit to work
- Emergency planning / communication
- Use of gas detection equipment
- Use of harness and lifting equipment
- Use of escape breathing apparatus
- Selection & use of PPE
- Health & hygiene
- Traverse techniques
- Group exercises
- Practical exercise / assessment
- Written test
On completion of this course a Phoenix Safety certificate will be awarded to successful delegates.
Delegates should attend a refresher course every 3 years.